As a building the church exhibits many fine features, including its magnificent chancel built by the Berkley family in the 18th Century. It also boasts two towers, one in the north and one in the west, which houses the oldest dated bell in Somerset (1528).
The church holds 4 regular services a week:
Sunday 8am: BCP
- First Sunday of month: 11am sung Eucharist with St. Mary's Adult Choir
- Second Sunday of the month:11am Eucharist
- Third Sunday of the month: 11am All Age Worship with St. Mary's Junior and Children's Choirs
- Fourth Sunday of the month: 11am sung Eucharist
- Fifth Sunday of the month: 11am Eucharist
Last / Fourth Sunday 9.00am Breakfast at St Mary's
Thursday 9:45am: Roman Catholic Mass
Wednesday 2pm: King's School Service (term time only)
The church is available for private prayer every day of the year and pastoral care is undertaken by the Priest in Charge who is available at the Rectory any day except Friday.
St. Mary's has two choirs which perform in the church on alternating weeks at the 11am Sunday service. In addition to the established music within our worship, St. Mary's also hosts regular concerts ranging from opera and oratorio to classical guitar and jazz. For more information about the music in the church please refer to our choir section.