St. Mary's has resumed our regular pattern of services as set out below (save that All Age Worship has not yet re-started and the Breakfast service remains online only at present).
Please note that the requirements regarding hand sanitising, social distancing and mask wearing continue to apply and we are still not permitted to join in the singing of hymns.
- 8.00 am: Holy Communion (according to the Book of Common Prayer)
- 9.00 am: Breakfast Service (NB: 4th Sunday in the month only)
- 11.00 am: Eucharist (Common Worship, Order 1) NB: 3rd Sunday in the month: All Age Worship.
All age worship takes place on the 3rd Sunday of each month, in place of the usual Eucharist. This aims to be immediate, accessible, and interactive. The music tends to be modern rather than traditional, and the junior choir takes a full part in the proceedings. There is usually a hands-on activity for the young for about 15 minutes. During this time, adults may take part in a discussion related to our mission and the theme of the service. So it is a worship forum where we can all learn and grow, with teaching made more explicit than is usual in worship. And it’s fun!
The Breakfast Service is an informal, lay-led service that takes place on the 4th Sunday of every month, starting at 9am and usually finishing by 9.45am. It begins with tea, coffee and bacon rolls, hence the name! All are very welcome. Central to the service is the Gospel reading for the day that is read and followed by a discussion led by one of the members. It is always enriching to listen to the different contributions and to have something pointed out that you’ve not thought of before. After the discussion we have a short time of prayer and one or two songs, accompanied on the guitar.
- 11.00 am: Prayer Group - a time of prayer for the life of our church and wider community
- 8.00 am: Morning Prayer (Common Worship, Daily Prayer)
- 5.00 pm: Evening Prayer (Common Worship, Daily Prayer)