St. Mary's has resumed our regular pattern of services as set out below (save that All Age Worship has not yet re-started).
Please note that our arrangements with regard to hand sanitising, social distancing, mask wearing and congregational singing are under constant review and are published on the homepage and on our noticeboards.
- 8.00 am: Holy Communion (according to the Book of Common Prayer)
- 9.00 am: Breakfast Service (NB: 4th Sunday in the month only)
- 11.00 am: Eucharist (Common Worship, Order 1) NB: 3rd Sunday in the month: All Age Worship.
5th Sunday in the month:
- Where there is a 5th Sunday in the month, the only service is a benefice service at 11.00 am - this is a service at which we invite everyone who worships throughout our benefice to come together for a single service at St Mary's
All age worship takes place on the 3rd Sunday of each month, in place of the usual Eucharist. This aims to be immediate, accessible, and interactive. The music tends to be modern rather than traditional, and the junior choir takes a full part in the proceedings. There is usually a hands-on activity for the young for about 15 minutes. During this time, adults may take part in a discussion related to our mission and the theme of the service. So it is a worship forum where we can all learn and grow, with teaching made more explicit than is usual in worship. And it’s fun!
The Breakfast Service is an informal, lay-led service that takes place on the 4th Sunday of every month, starting at 9am and usually finishing by 9.45am. It begins with tea, coffee and bacon rolls, hence the name! All are very welcome. Central to the service is the Gospel reading for the day that is read and followed by a discussion led by one of the members. It is always enriching to listen to the different contributions and to have something pointed out that you’ve not thought of before. After the discussion we have a short time of prayer and one or two songs, accompanied on the guitar.
- 11.00 am: Prayer Group - a time of prayer for the life of our church and wider community
- 8.00 am: Morning Prayer (Common Worship, Daily Prayer)
- 5.00 pm: Evening Prayer (Common Worship, Daily Prayer) except Thursdays
** NB: Morning and Evening Prayer are temporarily suspended until Monday 4 October **